Adding PDF Files to Shopify Pages
I've had to add pdf files to pages within the shopify platform several times now, and I always seem to forget how to do it. I generally don't have a problem uploading them (if I'm going through the edit template area), but I can never figure out how to get the URL for the PDF from the Shopify interface. Here's how to do it (including steps on uploading the pdf through the edit template area).
- After logging into Shopify, open up the 'Online Store' dropdown on the left panel.
- Click on 'Themes'
- In the top right corner of the main window, where it shows the current theme, open the 'Actions' dropdown list. The click on 'Edit Code'
- Open up the 'Assets' folder (located on the panel on the left, wtitin the main content window). Click on 'Add a new asset'.
- Choose your file, and upload it (I find it best to have a small, simple filename for the pdf file).
- Once uploaded, the hard part of course is finding the URL for the newly uploaded PDF. What I do, is to click on an image in the asset list (or upload one if there isn't one there) so it shows it in the main pane, then right click on the image and open it in a new tab so I can see its URL. The url path for all assets is the same, so I just copy everything before the final backslash (it should end as 'assets/'), and the path to the pdf will be that, plus the pdf file name that you uploaded.
So it should look something like (if I were uploading 'myfile.pdf'):
Importing Large MySQL Files into PHPMyAdmin
The default file size for uploading mysql dump files into PHPmyadmin is around 2mb. I needed to upload a 160mb file...
Flatten a Wordpress Website to HTML and CSS
I recently inherited a whole bunch of wordpress websites for one of my clients -- in fact I think one of the first times it dawned on me that I would have to start working with these sites is when one of them got hacked...
Designers Should Just Learn to Code
Of course all of the time spent learning a new piece of software could just be spent learning how to code...
The Built Environment