HTML and Encoded Characters with Handlebars
As soon as I updated some of the templating on one of my websites to handlebars, HTML code wasn't being rendered, and I recieved odd characters in the output, like:
My Blog Name » Blog Sub Title
The solution to this is instead of using the standard double bracket to insert the content, use triple brackets (I don't know why, must be telling the templating engine to render the character codes as html):
Once I figured this out, the solution is easy. Unfortunately it took some time to track down, since I first suspected that the issue was caused with some of the php code somewhere, the encoding of the database, etc...
Reference a Variable Outside of a Handlebars Each Loop
Once within an Handlebars each loop, you can no longer just reference a variable that is outside the loop...
Using Handlebars Templates
Reference a Handlebars Template From Another Template (Nesting Templates)
Inserting a Handlebars.js template into another Handlebars.js template.
The Built Environment