What is the Bit of Text Above a Title Called?

By Forrest Smith - Drempd.com

I often times place a little bit of text above headings, but I’ve never actually known what they are called. I’ve always just used the word “pretitle” whenever I refer to them, but today I decided to actually look up the real name for this element — they’re called “straplines”.